Baxi Duo-Tec 28kW Combi Gas Boiler
Baxi boilers have steadily gathered momentum over the years. It’s commendable how they are able to provide us with high quality yet affordable products—Time and again, many of their boilers have earned their place in the “Best Buy” category.
This particular boiler has been Baxi’s best-selling boiler and even won the CORGI boiler of the year award.
What makes the Baxi Duo-Tec boiler sell out? Continue reading to find out more.
Baxi Duo-Tec 28kW Combi Gas Boiler Key Features
- It’s a condensing boiler.
- A stainless steel heat exchanger.
- It has a 92% efficiency rating
- It’s ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production.
- Hot water max output of 28kW
- Central heating max output of 25.9kW.
- It has a hot water flow rate of 11.5 litres per minute.
- It can support up to 15 radiators.
- It comes with a standard 7-year part and labour warranty.
- It has an in-built frost thermostat that allows for installation in garages and lofts.
- The in-built filling loop will ease the re-pressurizing process.
- It comes with a 1-meter mains cable and a pre-plumbing jig that will help ease the installation process.
- It’s compatible with the multi-fit flue kit.
- It’s compatible with optional USense Smart Controls.
- Compact dimensions of 780mm Height by 450mm Width by 345mm Depth.
Although it only comes in white, its overall build is quite impressive. Not only are the materials of high quality, but everything is nice and compact. Particularly, we like the fact its concealed and easy-to-use controls that give it a tidy look.
Additionally, the Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Boiler also has an LED display screen. Indeed, it’s not the most sophisticated and doesn’t come with touchscreen functionality. Nonetheless, it will show the boiler’s status, temperature settings, fault codes, and diagnosis.
Fuel and efficiency
The Baxi Duo-Tec Gas Boiler is an energy-saving machine. With an efficiency rating of 92%, it’s among the best you can find in the market at its price range. On top of that, it’s also ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production.
Do you prefer LPG boilers? Then we’re happy to present the dedicated Baxi Duo-Tec 28kW LPG Boiler.
Power output rating
The Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Boiler comes in three other output variants—The 24kW, 33kW, and 40kW models.
The 24kW boiler is the smallest in the product range. Although it’s the most affordable, we don’t recommend it. With such a small unit, you are more likely to suffer from hot water shortages. Additionally, it’s not scale-able. What if visitors come by your place? It won’t be able to cater to all your heating and hot water requirements.
On the other hand, the 28kW variant is better. Indeed, it’s not the most powerful. Nonetheless, it should sustain medium-sized and some large homes—It can support up to 15 radiators and one bathroom whilst supplying hot water at a reasonable rate of 11.5 litres per minute.
Although the 28kW boiler can work for large homes, we strongly advise you to consider the 40kW variant. Not only can it operate more radiators, but its hot water flow rate of 16.4 litres per minute will ensure a steady supply.
Baxi did its best to ease the installation process. Weighing at 40.2kg, it’s certainly not the lightest combi boiler around. Nonetheless, it shouldn’t require more than two engineers to install.
Additionally, we also appreciate the frost thermostat that allows for installation in even the most “unconventional” places like lofts and garages.
Finally, it comes with a full wall-mounting jig that ensures the unit stays on the wall.