Baxi 825 Combi Boiler
The British-built Baxi 825 Combi Boiler is part of the Baxi 800 series that took the industry by storm. Everything about them is great, from build quality to efficiency. On top of that, you have to appreciate that they are more affordable than their competitors.
In this article, we’ll be dissecting the Baxi 825 model.
Is it the right boiler for your home? Continue reading to find out.
Baxi 825 Combi Boiler Key Features
- It’s a condensing boiler.
- It has a 93% efficiency rating.
- It’s ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production.
- A stainless steel heat exchanger.
- A brass hydraulics block.
- It has easy-to-use controls and an LCD.
- A sound pressure level of 48 dB.
- Hot water max output of 25kW.
- Central heating max output of 21.2kW.
- A central heating range of 25 to 80 ℃.
- A hot water heating range of 35 to 60 ℃.
- It can serve up to 10 radiators.
- It has a hot water flow rate of 10.2 litres per minute.
- It comes with a standard 10-year warranty.
- The compact ADEY Micro2 magnetic system filter will protect the central heating system from debris buildup.
- The in-built easy-Fill filling loop will make re-pressurizing that much easier.
- It comes with optional USense Smart Controls.
- It’s compatible with the In Flue Outdoor Sensor (IFOS) (It’s a Top Flue Outlet).
- It offers extensive flue options of up to 20 meters.
- Compact dimensions of 700mm Height by 390mm Width by 288mm Depth.
For a boiler in its price range, the Baxi 825’s build is quite impressive. Indeed, there is some plastic here and there. However, unlike most other boilers in the market, it has brass hydraulics components. Thanks to this alone, it will last longer than you expect.
Additionally, we appreciate the compact dimensions that allow it to fit into most standard kitchen cabinets. On top of that, the controls are embedded into its casing for a neater presentation.
Finally, we really loved its built-in standoff frame. Unlike most boilers, its pipes are well hidden behind the casing.
Fuel and efficiency
If you are moving from an old boiler of more than 5 years, then the Baxi 825 Combi Boiler will help you save some money in the long run. Experts suggest you can save up to 310 pounds annually.
With an efficiency rating of 93%, there is no doubt that this combi boiler is among the most efficient in the market. On top of that, it’s also ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production.
Even though the boiler is mainly certified for British Gas, you’ll be happy to know it can run on a 20% hydrogen blend.
Power output rating
Indeed, its domestic hot water and central heating outputs of 25kWs and 21.2kWs, respectively, aren’t the most impressive in the market. Nonetheless, they are enough for smaller households with up to 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The Baxi 825 Combi Boiler is built for households with a relatively low demand for hot water and central heating.
Likewise, its hot water flow rate of 10.2 litres per minute can only support up to 10 radiators.
Installation and servicing
Baxi, as a whole, is famous for its user and installer-friendly products. The same goes for this particular model.
Weighing at 29.2 Kilograms, it’s among the lightest and most compact boilers available. Additionally, it also comes with a hanging bracket. You can install it without purchasing any additional accessories.
Chances are, at one point in its lifetime, its boiler pressure is going to fall. Thanks to its Easy-Fill filling loop, you can top up the system without spending money and time on a heating engineer.
Finally, thanks to its extensive flue options and IFOS compatibility, the Baxi 825 Combi Boiler allows for a lot of flexibility during installation.