Baxi 624 Combi Boiler
The Baxi 624 Combi Boiler is part of the famous Baxi 600 Boiler Range. Just like the others, it offers high-quality performance without taking much of your indoor space. Honestly, it’s not the most powerful of boilers. However, it does come with impressive features that deserve recognition.
Is the Baxi 624 Combi Boiler suitable for your household?
It’s perfect for small to medium-sized households with low to medium demand for hot water and central heating. Continue reading to discover more about this Baxi boiler.
Baxi 624 Combi Boiler Key Features
- It’s a mid-range high-performance condensing boiler.
- It has a 93% efficiency rating.
- It’s ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production.
- A stainless steel heat exchanger.
- A brass hydraulics block.
- It has embedded controls and an LCD.
- A sound pressure level of 50 dB.
- Hot water max output of 25.8kW.
- Central heating max output of 21.2kW.
- A central heating range of 25 to 80 ℃.
- A hot water heating range of 35 to 60 ℃.
- It can serve up to 10 radiators.
- It has a hot water flow rate of 10.2 litres per minute.
- It comes with a standard 7-year part and labour warranty.
- The in-built Easy-Fill filling link makes re-pressurizing that much easier.
- It has a frost-protected thermostat.
- It is fully compatible with USense Smart Controls (Boiler Plus compliant).
- It’s compatible with the Multi-fit In Flue Outdoor Sensor (IFOS).
- It offers extensive flue options of up to 20 meters.
- Compact dimensions of 700mm Height by 395mm Width by 297mm Depth
As expected of Baxi, they made a compact boiler that won’t occupy much of your living space. Additionally, its compactness is further highlighted by the fact that it’s a wall-mounted unit. It will quietly fit into most kitchen cabinets.
For the design, Baxi decided to keep it simple. Even though it only comes in white, the Baxi 624 Combi Boiler has a nice finish and satisfying curves. Additionally, its controls and dials are embedded into the casing to give it a neat look.
Speaking of dials, it has a reset button, central heating temperature control, domestic hot water temperature control, and a system water pressure gauge.
We also have a simple LCD that will display fault codes, temperature settings, and the system’s overall status.
The Baxi 624 is durable thanks to its stainless steel heat exchanger and brass hydraulics block. It’s important since the market is saturated with plastic boilers that don’t last as long.
Finally, we love the fact that the boiler has its pipes neatly hidden behind its casing,
Fuel and efficiency
With an overall efficiency rating of 93%, the Baxi 624 Combi Boiler is up there among the best in the market. Additionally, it’s also ErP A-rated for both central heating and hot water production—With this unit, you’ll save money on heating costs and reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
Although it mainly runs on British Gas, it can also operate on a 20% hydrogen blend.
Power output rating
The Baxi 624 Combi Boiler is the least powerful in its boiler range. Some might see that as a disadvantage. Fortunately, that’s not the case. When buying a boiler, you need to be wary of sizing—An oversized boiler can be as detrimental as an undersized boiler.
If you live in a relatively small household (like a studio), then the Baxi 624 is perfect. It has a reliable central heating output of 21.2kW that will keep you warm during the harsh winters. Also, it has a domestic hot water output of 25.8kW that will suffice your shower demands. It’s also comforting to know it has a water flow rate of 10.2 litres per minute and can operate up to 10 radiators.
If you live in a relatively larger household with 2 bathrooms or more, then you should consider the Baxi 630 and 636 Combi Boilers.
Installation and servicing
Baxi prides itself on its installer and user-friendly boilers. Fortunately, they haven’t failed us today. The Baxi 624 Combi Boiler weighs around 29.5kgs and will require only one engineer to install. Additionally, it comes with several add-on accessories that will ease the installation process.
As far as maintenance is concerned, the boiler’s components are easy to access. Additionally, it has an Easy-fill filling link that allows you to pressurize your unit without spending money and time on a heating engineer.